Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It left my life as mysteriously as it appeared.

I noticed today on my walk to the metro that the full bag of Depends that had been lying in the gutter for over a month is now missing. A sudden uneasiness came over me and I realized from now on I no longer had a back up plan between home and work- I would have to become a responsible adult when drinking my morning orange juice and vodka. 

I take solace from an email my doctor friend wrote me today:
'My only duty right now is watching over my demented patient who keeps taking his diaper off and asking for his dead wife. This involves more patience than you might think.' 

It seems like somewhere everyone is shedding a security blanket of some kind. 

2 comments:

Eli said...

oh no! the depends is gone?! now what will we have to break the awkward silence of our morning treks to the metro, dawn?

Rococo Cocoa is Joe said...

I've noticed that bag of Depends, too. I think it moved from the gutter to the yard. It may still be out there.